I got out of 6:30 am mass this morning and while bundling up with an additional (and necessary) 5 layers I looked across the street at my parked car. Is…that….a flat tire?
So that’s why my car has felt so sluggish these past 24 hours. I had assumed it was just the extreme temperatures. Oh, I was so wrong.
Things I learned before 8am today:
- If you’ve driven on a flat for this long, surely it will make it to the gas station.
- The surrounding area doesn’t actually have any gas stations.
- I still. hate. paying 75cents for air.
- People tend to knock those annoying snow-gunk build-ups off their cars for purposes greater than vanity. As it turns out, they become ice. And hinder the turning radius of the car.
- The nice ice scraper that Dad just bought you is just that–an ice SCRAPER. Not an ice pick or chisel. It WILL break when you hit it against things.
- Those chunks of snow all over the road are no longer chunks of snow. In extreme temperatures they do, in fact, form blocks of ice. Don’t run them over.
- Blue Max makes everything better.